Laura Sutherland FCIPR Chart.PR CMPRCA
Director of Aura and Founder of PRFest, Strategic Business Advisor
I’ve worked in public relations for almost 20 years, all of which, I’ve worked across integrated channels – advertising, design, animation, events, print, websites, email, media relations… as a result, my approach to work isn’t about ‘what’s the story’, it’s about thinking about the objective, how we can get people to take action to achieve the objective and looking at the best way to engage that audience.
I’m a thinker (often out loud on my blog or podcast) and someone who also gets stuff done. I’m proactive and reactive and my passion drives me. My skills and knowledge are vast, mainly because I invest in myself – my learning and development.
I am interested in working with people who are not scared of pushing boundaries and testing new approaches. Putting people, purpose and planet at the centre of my work, using ‘nudge’, thinking and acting like an entrepreneur, and having fun along the way, will certainly open up more opportunities and deliver a greater impact.
- My natural curiosity in my work lets me explore opportunities and test and adapt accordingly.
- My business acumen has often opened client minds to new opportunity that they’d otherwise have been too close to see.
- I operate with purpose, authenticity and integrity and expect my clients to, also.
- I am strategy-driven and impact focused.
- I’m a Chartered PR practitioner and I’m a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. I’m also Chair of its Fellows Forum.
- I’m a member of the PRCA, Chair it’s Scotland group and sit on its Council.
- I believe people buy from/into other people and named my podcast after it!
Check out all my thoughts and ideas around PR and digital marketing via the blog.
- In 2016 I founded the annual event, PRFest, the world’s only festival dedicated to public relations. PRFest is now a community of 600+ global professionals who want to learn, share, collaborate and inspire.
- Through my work with PRFest, I crowdsourced and launched a free tool for people and businesses to help them become more diverse and inclusive. The DRIVEN Pledge is here along with supporting videos.
- I have won the PRCA Dare Award in 2018 and 2019 for PR Consultant of the Year
- I was awarded the Sir Stephen Tallents Medal by the CIPR President in 2019
- I was included in the CIPR’s 70th anniversary book, featuring 70 volunteers over 70 years
- I was included in FuturePRoof’s book “20 PR pioneers of our time” in 2018
Connect with me personally:
Laura Sutherland on LinkedIn.
Laura Sutherland on Twitter.
Laura Sutherland on Instagram.