Senior Account Executive/Junior Account Manager – Job Description
Salary: dependent on candidate experience and skills
Deadline for applications: Friday, 14 February – 12pm
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a PR/Communications professional to work in an agency based in the west end of Glasgow. With a minimum of two year’s agency experience the candidate will work across different client accounts including consumer, B2B and not-for-profit.
The agency uses a broad range of marketing communications tools, including research, data, analytics, e-mail marketing, social media, video, web/digital development, media relations, events, exhibitions, internal communications and much more. All employees are required to have basic skills across the board. There is scope to develop the role given the right candidate.
The candidate will thrive under pressure and will work well on their own or as part of a team. If we could clone anyone to take on the role, it would be Laura 10 years ago!
- Representing the brand appropriately
- Client reporting
- Media monitoring and reporting
- Maintain tidy office and organised filing
- Reporting to Director
- Proactive approach to business development
- Agency social media development
- Draft press releases
- Build relationships with journalists
- Monitor and evaluate the success of a campaign
- Media monitoring
- Provide materials for client meetings
- Agency social media activity
- Contribute at strategy and brainstorm meetings
- Office admin
- Runner at events/exhibitions
- Manage and report on data and analytics across web and social media
- Travel may be required
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
Desired Key Attributes:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
- Excellent organisational skills
- A relevant degree is an advantage but not essential
- A firm understanding of the media and media relations – good media contacts would be an advantage
- Proven skills in writing and distributing press releases, as well as obtaining good coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent networking skills and a confident manner
- A creative thinker with a can-do attitude
- Keen interest in business development
- Keen interest in professional development, potentially already with a development plan
Prior to interview stage, applicants should create, edit and send a video (do it yourself, don’t get someone else to do it!), with the video being no longer than 2 minutes long – the content is up to you!
Only candidates who have ‘passed’ the initial video stage, will be contacted and invited to interview – they will have stood out from the crowd at the same time as demonstrating essential skills and knowledge for the role. Video links should be emailed to email@example.com along with their CV and cover letter, no more than 100 words.
No recruitment consultants or sales calls.