Franchise Development Services (FDS), one of the UK’s leading franchise organisations, has launched in Scotland, with plans to launch a Scottish franchise magazine in 2014, and has announced the appointment of Graham Angus as managing director of FDS Scotland.
Franchising plays a large role in Scottish business, with nearly 500 different franchise brands, for example Subway, in Scotland accounting for over 2,000 individual franchisee businesses.
Despite the economic challenges that many have faced over the last few years, franchising has shown itself to be a robust opportunity, either allowing businesses to strengthen their plans for growth, or providing new lives for many looking to be their own boss. Currently, FDS is working with a client on Scottish whisky retail opportunities.
Mr. Angus said of his new role: “The plan is to establish FDS Scotland and, over time, make it the first port of call for franchise consultancy, whether that is for potential franchise owners, business owners looking to franchise or existing franchisors looking for guidance.
“The visibility of Scotland and its international identity is known all over the world, whether it is whisky, foods or other Scottish products, I believe franchising can act as the conduit for exposing quality Scottish businesses, which are already in existence, to the wider world.”
Mr Angus’ recruitment comes just one week after FDS announced the appointment of a Master Franchise Owner for Ireland. These simultaneous recruitments indicate FDS’ intent to build upon their franchising experience as markets emerge from the recession and look at more practical and profitable methods of expansion for the future.
FDS founder and managing director, Roy Seaman added: “Our expansion in Scotland is timely as Scottish companies start to embrace the franchise method of expansion. We also have a number of clients who wish to take their franchise into Scotland, so there should be a strong two-way working relationship.”
On Wednesday, 4 December, FDS Scotland will run a seminar, “How to Franchise”, at The Hilton, Glasgow, which will discuss how to turn your existing business into a franchise model. The seminar will also offer delegates the chance to book a one-to-one meeting to discuss potential opportunities. For enquiries or bookings please email email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
- Franchise Development Services is one of the UK’s leading franchise organisations. Established in 1981, Franchise Development Services combines best practice with best value in successful franchise development of national and international franchise networks.
- Previously a successful franchise owner with UK-wide franchise, Mail Boxes Etc. Graham is no stranger to franchising and his appointment to the renowned franchise consultancy business will enable businesses looking to franchise in Scotland to take advantage of FDS’s 32 years of experience and Graham’s proven business acumen.
- FDS is the publisher behind leading franchise publications, The Franchise Magazine and The UK Franchise Directory. There are now plans to re-launch The Scottish Franchise Magazine in 2014.
- FDS Scotland will be based in Stirling. Mr. Angus’ background in franchising, which saw him build up impressive successes with his Mail Boxes Etc. before selling the business in July of this year, combined with FDS’ years of experience in helping businesses such as CeX, Subway and Laura Ashley franchise their business will provide a real boost to the franchising industry.
- For further information on FDS visit http://www.fdsfranchise.com/