To close its 20th year, Glasgow’s biggest cultural highlight, the West End Festival, has announced a closing event to take place this weekend on Sunday, 28 June at Kelvingrove bandstand.
The event, which takes place from 1-7pm, will feature a host of musical talent including rugby legend and BBC Radio Scotland broadcaster John Beattie and his band, Jo Callis (The Human League) and Graeme Clark (Wet Wet Wet).
This free event will once again make use of the recently restored Kelvingrove bandstand to end the festival with an all-day musical celebration.
- The Dynaglydes: 50s / 60s covers
- Fingerhalo with Jo Callis (from The Human League): guitar band
- Charlotte Marshall and the 45s: Blues
- “Local Vocals”: choral group
- L’acoustica: voices and guitars
- High School Past Plant band
- Graeme Clark and band
- Honest Sam and the Dealers: Americana
- John Beattie Band: classic rock
Food and soft drinks will be available at the event with the exception of alcohol which will not be allowed.
Announcing the line-up, festival director, Michael Dale said: “Last year saw us use the bandstand for the first time in years and we’re excited once again to be able to use a west end asset and programme a wonderful musical line-up, featuring local musicians and some big names.
“Thanks to Glasgow Life and C C Music for supporting this event.”