Laura Sutherland FCIPR Chart.PR
Director of Aura, Founder of PRFest and Founder of the Scottish PR Collective
I’m a thinker and someone who also gets stuff done. I’m proactive and reactive and my passion drives me. My skills and knowledge are vast, mainly because I’m always learning. Every year I complete my CPD.
I am interested in working with brands and those which are not scared of pushing boundaries and testing new approaches. Disruption is at the heart of start-ups and what makes working in PR and digital marketing more fun!
- I operate with purpose, authenticity and integrity.
- I am strategy-driven and impact focused.
- I’m a Chartered PR practitioner, 17 years in the PR business and I’m a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. I also sit on its Council.
- I help brands have a two-way conversation with their ‘publics’ through creating relevant and informed PR and digital marketing strategies which support business objectives and help represent purpose. Always demonstrating a ROI.
- I believe people buy people.
- You’ll see me on STV2’s Live at Five programme talking about ‘things that caught my eye’
- Ambitious, imaginative and straight talking. I’m all about relationship building.
Check out all my thoughts and ideas around PR and digital marketing via the blog.
- I continue to support the public relations industry and help drive modernisation by being an elected member of the CIPR’s Council.
- In 2016 I founded the annual event, PRFest, the world’s only festival dedicated to public relations. PRFest supports professional development for senior PR and comms practitioners and is a safe place to debate, discuss, share and collaborate.
- In 2017 I launched the Scottish PR Collective, which sees 10 independent practitioners come together to support each other, share learnings, collaborate on business opportunities and represent a community of practitioners who share the same ethics and values.
- This year, I am a guest lecturer at the University of West of Scotland talking about PR strategy, business and brand and also Glasgow Kelvin College
- I co-wrote a best practice skills guide for the CIPR, discussing the ethics of paid and earned media, which was subsequently launched as part of the CIPR’s Ethics Festival in 2016.
- Other industry initiatives include leading a group of practitioners from across the world to review AMEC’s new integrated evaluation framework on behalf of the PRCA and contributing to the second PRStack book.
Connect with me personally:
Laura Sutherland on LinkedIn.
Laura Sutherland on Twitter.
Laura Sutherland on Instagram.